Competition Rules & Regulations
- Minimum of 5 full pans of riggies required to enter.
- Ingredients must be sourced commercially and a warning sign must be displayed next to your riggies if peanuts, peanut oil, or shellfish are used.
- Does not have to be chicken riggies (no wild meats). You will be required to fill out a form with main ingredients, including any meat, so it can be displayed next to your pans.
- Everything must be prepared and cooked in a sanitary manner in a commercially permitted kitchen in compliance with NYS Health Dept. guidelines.
- Riggies will be served buffet style in chafing dishes. If competitors cannot provide 1 chafing dish they need to inform event organizers at least 7 days before the event.
- This is a blind-tasting competition. Competitors are prohibited from revealing which riggies are theirs.
- Violation of these rules could result in disqualification. All decisions are at the discretion of the event organizers.
CategoriesJudges’ Choice - judges vote based on 5 criteria: Appearance, Consistency, Taste, Aftertaste, and "X-Factor".
Peoples’ Choice - the people sampling vote for their favorites.
Riggie Wars Champion - highest combined total of the two.
Enter Your Riggies